How does it work?
Instead of maintaining your links page by hand, with your link data all mixed up with HTML code, the link data is stored in a database, and your links page is generated automatically in HTML on our server.
Instead of having to type in all the new link information yourself, we provide a link submission form that anyone can use. The new links are then kept for you to review, edit and accept or delete.
You can also define your own colours, layout and choice of fonts; write your own headings and introduction text; include additional links and 'clickable' email addresses; and build in a hit counter, choosing from dozens of number styles. And you can do all this without knowing any HTML.
We provide our own 'colour mixer' that allows you to mix and match font and background colors... and you can experiment freely with different settings using the 'preview' facility, and only 'publish' the page when you are satisfied with the result. At that point your page is placed at www.mylinkspage.com/yourpage.html.
Using mylinkspage.com offers a number of benefits to users, for example:
- People applying for links enter the data themselves - you just accept, edit or reject
- No more HTML errors - like a missing / in http://, causing broken links
- Powerful web tools to manage your links, define headings etc
- Select your own colours, fonts, layout, without needing to know any HTML
- Your own hit counter - choose from dozens of styles, or keep it hidden